Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ScriptRunner Behaviours

yoelcrane November 12, 2018

I'm trying to restrict editing of a particular field (fixversion) in a project. The goal is to have everyone in the project see the field but only have people in a particular project role edit the field.

I'm testing this out in development

The role exists, has editing issues permission, and has 1 user (me).

The behaviour is mapped to the project with two issuetypes selected

I selected the field and left the options; optional, writable, shown for when the user is in the correct group.

Everyone is still able to edit the field, the difference is that I have to do it via the edit screen, regular users can edit in the view screen. 

What am I doing wrong? Or there a better way to implement this?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hi @yoelcrane , where did you put your code? on initialiser? or on the field itself? you can try to disable inline editing if you don't want them to edit it on view screen

customField.setAllowInlineEdit(false)

yoelcrane November 14, 2018

@Alvin I haven't added any code. I've only started with the documentation (https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html?utm_source=product-help) and was just using the forms.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events