Post Function create issue no longer creating Action Context Request parameters

Jodi Gornick January 23, 2018

We just upgraded Jira/Plugins and are now seeing the parameter map not being updated with the current action. We are using Scriptrunner and Bob Swift Create on Transition in our workflows.

In our Project issue type we use the Create on Transition to create Epics and link them to the Project issue. This was working in production prior to upgrade. I can create an Epic from the create menu without issue. When creating from the Project it fails due to we use the parameters to validate the link is being created as part of the action.

We are using the Action Context in our Epic workflow to validate a link has been created (or will be as part of the creation). 

def request = ActionContext.getRequest() 

if (request) {

def params = request.getParameterMap()

When Project issue is transitioned to Active, we create the Epics. When I view the parameter map from this creation it is showing the Project transition action parameters, not the Epic creation parameters. It appears that the create action from a post function is not updating the action context. I know this would be the case if the create was triggered from the REST API. So either the post function create was changed to use REST, or I am missing something entirely. 

||Application||Previous Verison||New Version||

|Jira Software|7.3.8|7.6.2|

|Bob Swift COT|5.8.0|6.1.0|

|Scriptrunner|5.2.1|5.2.2|

I have upgraded just the plugins in a test environment; everything works correctly (Epics are created from the postfunction) so it does not appear to be upgrade related. Either its Jira itself or something else - at a loss.  

Thanks!

Jodi

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Deleted user April 9, 2018

Hi Jodi Avery,

As discussed in SUPPORT-459, please raise a request with Atlassian support who will be able to provide you the changes which have been performed in JIRA. You can also add us to the request which you are creating if in case the Atlassian needs any information from our side, we are happy to help you in this regard.

Thanks,

Vijay Ramamurthy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events