Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Queries

Faisal Shamim October 29, 2019

Hello, 

I am using Scriprunner with SEN SEN-14124602. I am brand new to use Scrip runner and recently installed it. I have installed with my Jira cloud , Can you please give me queries to fulfilll my below two asks

1: Can we have cascade field with Text along with coded, I want to select multiple  coded values with  text in front of it 

2: Can we segregate bunch of date fields in a separate container on the same tab in screen?

I dont want to use tab function but containerize certain fields under an unmbrella

Thanks in advance for your help, 

Faisal

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

Hi Fasail,

I have included the same response that we shared on your product support ticket below for reference, so that other users looking for a similar question can see the answer. 

1. I can confirm that it is not possible to dynamically set and populate dynamic values with text in front of them for a Cascading Select List field inside of ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud, like the server version can with the Behaviors feature. The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provide a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.
  2. Unfortunately it is not possible to change where fields appear inside a screen with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud as Atlassian does not provide the API's to allow us to do this in Jira Cloud like you could do in ScriptRunner for Jira Server with Script Fragments. In Jira Cloud, the restricted nature of the Atlassian API's means we can only add Script Fragments on the Issue Header or Issue Sidebar as described here.

I can confirm that you can see more detailed information on the differences between the cloud and server versions inside of our documentation page located here.

I understand that this response is frustrating but please understand that the API's required to create this functionality does not exist inside of Jira Cloud at this time meaning that the same functionality cannot be created inside of Jira Cloud.

Finally, I can advise that the ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud documentation site located here along with the Knowledge Base Article located here provide further detail on how the plugin works along with how to use this and we would advise

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events