Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Cascading fields to Single Select field (or Typeahead for cascading fields)

DORIAN KERSCH October 25, 2018

Hi all,

Has anyone, recently, migrated cascading fields to a single select field? I have seen some old posts from https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Copy-Cascading-Select-value-to-Single-Select-field/qaq-p/361532 that look like it may work, but the solution didn't work as expected. I can try spending more time to fiddle with it, but I thought I would ask the question in case someone else had a similar experience. 

Reason I am doing this:

• My team wants support for typeahead and cascading fields doesn't play nicely with typeahead.
  • Note: If someone has a solution to getting typeahead working nicely with Script runner behaviors that would also suffice (and make my life easier)

Assumptions and Requirements:

- History of the cascading field isn't important

- One off mass update

- JQL support would be great, but I can pull that from the old post above if necessary

- Concat the cascading field when migrating

-- Given (cascading): L1: Applications, L2: Foo

-- Expected (single) : Applications Foo

-- Given (cascading): L1: Systems, L2: None

-- Expected (single): Systems

-- Given (cascading): Empty (i.e. field isn't filled out)

-- Expected (single): Empty (i.e. field isn't filled out. flexible on this though if it will help future people because I can bulk edit and wipe the field away)

Cheers,

Dorian

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events