Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for guidance how to script the removal of all requests participants from the JSD ticket

Dmitry Tyomkin August 23, 2017

We ran into a need to have to remove all request participants from the JSD ticket generated by email request handler. Essentially we do not need the CC'ed parties to be on the request, but I don't think it is configurable to avoid the addition, so we need to remove them post-creation in the ScriptRunner postfunction. Any help or direction is appreciated.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2017

A script like this placed within a post-function will delete all of the names in the Request Participants field and just set it to an empty list.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def requestField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "Request participants"}
def changeHolder = new DefaultIssueChangeHolder()
requestField.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(requestField), []),changeHolder)

You could use this in a post-function on the create issue step.

Dmitry Tyomkin August 24, 2017

Thanks Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist, just tested, it worked in the console, but it doesn't seem to work in the create post-function.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Hi Dimitry, 

Were you able to figure out the problem yet? If you have not, I would suggest making sure that your post-functions are in the correct order on the Create transition. Your post-function should be the last item for execution:

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 10.23.46 AM.png

Like Yves Martin likes this
0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2017

Depending on how you set things up, you can tackle this 2 ways i know of. 

1. Have the exchange/email server remove CC and BCC users.

2. Using an addon like JWME you can have the systems workflow remove or add values to any field. 

Thanks. What I find hard to understand is that I know I can script addition of new request participants. How come I can not script removal of said paricipants?

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2017

With the JWME it was super easy to add a post function to the ticket creation to strip request participants and other things.

We use the Cloud version of Jira so we dont utilize Scriptrunner. I know I see those Adaptivist gents in the forumns all the time helping folks with scripts....i would try raising a ticket with them for help. 

@JamieA can you please help?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2017

See other comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events