Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking issues based on issue numbers provided in custom field using script runner

Scott Federman October 2, 2017

linked epics field.PNGHi All,

So I do not know how to write script so I'm a bit stuck and hoping someone can help me. Using script runner, I am trying to auto link an issue when a issue key is populated in an issue link custom field. 

Ex. FP-5 ("feature" issue type) has "Linked Epics" custom field (CF-11400) (issues picker) populated with FP-3 ("epic" issue type) .

I would like FP-3 to be auto-linked linked (as child if possible) to FP-5 when related epic key entered in to the "Linked Epics" field

Is this possible?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Hi Scott,

Just trying to understand a bit more about your scenario to try to suggest the best option. I have a couple of questions:

How come you aren't just having users use the standard issue linking functionality? Is it that you are trying to restrict / filter the issues the user can link?

What is the type of the custom field CF-11400?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events