Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit request type visibility based on groups (cloud)

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2023

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with this is this possible in cloud?

Limit request type visibility based on groups (cloud).

Thanks in advance, 

BR, Olga

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2023

Heya @Olga Videc ,

For limiting request types based on groups, this currently doesn't exist as of yet! From my understanding the method I would suggest would be to create two separate jira projects and limit the access based on their customer permissions. In JSM, you can control project access by using "Customers Permissions" to essentially prevent users from seeing the project and its associated requests submission UI via the portal.

So although it doesn't exist as of yet, hopefully this workaround is good! You can also create automation rules which automatically populate tickets and create issue links between the newly requested tickets so you can track in one single project rather than the two projects (if you want to have the projects "centralised")? (On the back of that, you'd want to create automation rules which creates a comment on the duped issues ticket & updates the status )

I hope this helps you and please let me know if you have any other questions :)

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events