Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira - Need to download the attached file in Jira Listener

Ramkumar D March 2, 2021

I would like to write a Listener script that will trigger on Issue Updated event. The Listener script should download the newly attached file to the issue and upload it to another webserver.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2021

I am a little confused on what might go where.  You are talking about downloading a newly attached file, which does not tell us where things should land.

Animesh Verma March 7, 2021

Basically, the request is for a listener script that will be triggered whenever any jira issue is updated. The functionality of the script should be like:
1. It should download the newly added attachment from a jira issue(attached in the respective jira issue) in any temporary location for time being.

2. Upload it to another webserver.

3. Delete that attachment(from that temporary location).

Like Ramkumar D likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Ah, thank you, that makes perfect sense.

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/generate-hyperlinks-for-issues-attachments contains code for working with attachments.

But I wouldn't do the "temporary location" part - you don't need it, just take the attachment straight over to the other server.  To do that, you're going to have to know what methods the other server has for accepting uploads.  (Shared file system mounted on the Jira server, scp, sftp, some other upload software?)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events