Jira Import

Sravan Kumar January 18, 2018

Hello All.

We are trying to Import data from a Tool called Test Trac Pro to Jira.

TTP(Test Trac Pro) has two export options(TXT and XML) but for some reason the TXT Format is not exporting all the values its missing on some, so the only option of exporting is through XML. So is there a way I could covert XML to CSV and import into Jira? the challenge here is we are trying to import everything: Comments, Attachments, Work logs each and every piece of information. what I understood from Jira Side is that we cannot import the attachments, comments, work log and history.

There is another challenge with TTP: when ever a file is attached to an issue, it stores the file with a different name(for example the file name is "Attach" it stores as 00001.dat) and the format is DAT format: So I need to map the attachments too that's another thing.

Could I import attachments to Jira? If Yes- will Jira take the DAT format attachments/ do I need to convert them too?

Has anyone did any imports from another tool to Jira? Is there a Plugin which does so? I am just a JIRA Admin and not a developer, it seems like this needs some scripting/ development work.

I am thinking to take it one step at a time: Import issues first then the attachments but does Jira import the Comments, History and work logs? If yes could any one provide the best way to approach? 

Thanks in Advance!!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Claudio Ombrella January 24, 2018

My team imported many years ago from Test Track Pro, but I don't recall what magic we did to accomplish.

Today starting from XML or CSV, I would write a simple script capable of generating a JSON format that will allow you to add comments. If you are not a developer probably your company should contact an Atlassian Partner to assist you. 

If you like to take the challenge, this documentation will help you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-json-802592907.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events