Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira 7.5.4 stale filter results

So we've got some Filters set up and are using ScriptRunner:

Filter1: "IssueID1 OR IssueID2 OR IssueID3"

Filter2: issueFunction in subtasksOf("filter =/"Filter1/"")

This had been working fine, I guess? But: I added additional subtasks to IssueID1|2|3 today and it took ~4hrs for the subtasks to show up in Query2. Since my boss has Query2 in his JIRA Dashboard, it's kind of important that these be correct. :-)

I'm assuming there's stale cached filter results stored somewhere, but a reindex didn't help. Any ideas on how I might avoid this going forward?

1 answer

0 votes
tom lister Community Leader Nov 17, 2018

Hi @David Pierce

are you displaying in dashboard using filter results gadget?

is it configured to refresh at intervals?

Hi!

We are using the Filter Results gadget, and the option for "Update every 15 minutes" is unchecked. I guess this is normal then? :-(

With the update option unchecked, what is the typical refresh interval? Can the filter gadget be configured not to use cached results at all?

Thanks,

Dave P

tom lister Community Leader Nov 19, 2018

Hi

The gadgets are views on a data component under the hood. Once displayed they will not refresh the results unless configured to use a timed refresh cycle.

Similarly your view on an issue won't change if someone else updates it unless you do something that cause a page refresh.

I think this is a common expectation of Jira screens which causes some confusion ;-)

not sure if there are any plugins that would address this. The downside of too many components refreshing is a hit on system performance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Share your Confluence Cloud experience for a chance to win $500!

Take our 5-minute survey to win a $500 Visa gift card! Are you currently using Confluence Cloud? We want to hear from you! Fill out this quick survey about your Confluence Cloud experience so we ...

75 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you