cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira 7.5.4 stale filter results

Deleted user November 15, 2018

So we've got some Filters set up and are using ScriptRunner:

Filter1: "IssueID1 OR IssueID2 OR IssueID3"

Filter2: issueFunction in subtasksOf("filter =/"Filter1/"")

This had been working fine, I guess? But: I added additional subtasks to IssueID1|2|3 today and it took ~4hrs for the subtasks to show up in Query2. Since my boss has Query2 in his JIRA Dashboard, it's kind of important that these be correct. :-)

I'm assuming there's stale cached filter results stored somewhere, but a reindex didn't help. Any ideas on how I might avoid this going forward?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

are you displaying in dashboard using filter results gadget?

is it configured to refresh at intervals?

Deleted user November 19, 2018

Hi!

We are using the Filter Results gadget, and the option for "Update every 15 minutes" is unchecked. I guess this is normal then? :-(

With the update option unchecked, what is the typical refresh interval? Can the filter gadget be configured not to use cached results at all?

Thanks,

Dave P

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Hi

The gadgets are views on a data component under the hood. Once displayed they will not refresh the results unless configured to use a timed refresh cycle.

Similarly your view on an issue won't change if someone else updates it unless you do something that cause a page refresh.

I think this is a common expectation of Jira screens which causes some confusion ;-)

not sure if there are any plugins that would address this. The downside of too many components refreshing is a hit on system performance.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events