cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Customer Portal - cannot add field help to request form

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2021

I have a Jira Service Management (cloud) project with the associated customer portal, which supports several request types. In the request definition (mapped to an issue type), one selects fields from the issue type.

In this configuration page, for each field, you can set (among other options):

1. The display name of the field (to make it more user-friendly than the field name in Jira)

2. Add an optional help text

When I try to add a help text, I type the text and click on Update. When I do that, I don't get an error, but the help text is erased.

I wonder whether this is a known issue.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

I've submitted a ticket to Atlassian support, ping me in private if you want to view it:

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/48/PCS-69271

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Amir Katz (Outseer) ,

Odd!
Which string are you trying to add to the field help? (are you using special characters?)

- Tessa

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2021

no special characters.

Project settings -> Request types -> <pick request type> -> Request form -> Visible fields -> hover to field, click in 'Field help', type text, click Update --> text disappears.

I have no scripting-related extensions in my browser (Chrome latest).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events