Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA email notification - Get Issue Status

MAG-II January 15, 2018

Hello - 

I am currently working on custom email notifications via post functions. In my notifications I have simple Groovy scripts that show different fields for the Issues. 

What I am trying to do is show the current status of the Issue on the email notification. To show the status I have:

$issue.status.name

This works correctly when I create the Issue. The status is shown in the email is correct. However, when I transition the Issue, the status on the next email notification does not change. The status does update on the second transition, and throughout the rest of the workflow. Therefore the current status in the email notification is always one status behind where the Issue currently is. 

Does anyone know a work around for this? Is there a way I can manipulate the Groovy script to add a +1 to the status? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Claudio Ombrella January 24, 2018

When do you run the script? Before or after changing the status? I suspect that your triggering the script before the workflow transition step. Put a screenshot here so we can give a look. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events