cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight customfield not compatible with behaviours

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

Hi,

We are using behaviours to automatically set fields on issue creation, but it is not possible to update the value of an insight field. We tried with the key, name and value of the insight object, but with no success.

We are using the method formField.setFormValue(value).

Thanks for your feedback,

Antoine

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

This may not be possible yet. Is the Insight custom field of type "Label"? I believe behaviours are still incompatible with labels.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Behaviours-insight-set-field-value/qaq-p/197420

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

I am not sure what "Labels" type means for an insight custom field. My field is a standard insight field. We cannot update it using the label of the object nevertheless.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hi Antoine,

Apologies, I am not extremely familiar with 3rd party plugins.

From configuring the insight plugin myself in my Jira instance, I also cannot set the value on the FormField. Behaviours don't seem to be fully compatible with Insight custom fields, which is also something we see with nFeed custom fields as well.

Since behaviours don't seem like they'd work here, would a workflow post-function on the issue create step work for your use-case? 

Josh

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2017

I could make up the whole thing with text custom fields and an appropriate post function, but this is far from optimal.

The context is a servicedesk project, and we really need a bunch of auto-populated fields related to the contact/user behind the request.

Do you think this is an evolution worth considering ? I believe Insight is the most popular CMDB add-on out there.

Best regards,

Antoine

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2017

Hi, any feedback on this issue ?

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2017

Hi Anthony,

In your case, I would connect with Scriptrunner to add support for our custom field, as I think it should be possible. We're not using a label field so to say, not sure what they mean. What we store in the custom field is simply the object key for the object selected. So it should be possible for them to add support for the field.

If they need some information from us, we will provide that to help them with the implementation. 

Best Regards
Alexander

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist Do you think you could implement this feature quickly with the help of Insight support ? 

Thanks,

Antoine

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

@Antoine Berry

Could you post this question through our support portal? We'll investigate it further and if necessary we will open a new development issue for Insight compatibility if it does not already exist.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/server/support

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2017

Thanks Joshua, the issue has just been created. See https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2563

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events