Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited restrictions for moved pages

Alex Kuhrt December 14, 2017

Hi together,

I would need help with a custom script. The main goal is, that a moved page gets the same restrictions as the new parent page...

I already know that a custom script has to listen to the "PageMoveEvent", but also our developer would need some inspiration how he can develop that script...

Use case:

- Space A (anonymous access)

- Page A (edit-restrictions for a special confluence-group - no inherited restrictions for sub-pages)

- Page B (only confluence-users can view the pages --> inherited restrictions for sub-pages)

All newly created pages will be under Page B --> Non-confluence users will not see these pages. After the pages are approved, they will be moved the Page A and should get the same restrictions as Page A.

The Build-In Script form the Scriptrunner for inherited restrictions unfortunately only work for newly created pages, but not for moved pages. 

Thanks in advance and best regards

Alex 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2018

Here is a code for set restriction

page.addPermission(ContentPermission.createGroupPermission(ContentPermission.VIEW_PERMISSION, "Some Group"))
page.addPermission(ContentPermission.createUserPermission(ContentPermission.VIEW_PERMISSION, "Some user"))
pageManager.saveContentEntity(PublishPage.getEntity(), new DefaultSaveContext())

Write a script lister for MovePageEvent, try to find how to get page restriction and then run my code (on a loop)

0 votes
Tony Gough [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2018

Hi Alexander,

I've recently put together a script which should accomplish what you need. You can find it in our code snippets repository using the following link:

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/Adaptavist/oedkLX

Hope this helps you out!

Kind regards,
Tony

Software Support Engineer @ Adaptavist

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events