I want to allow only a certain issue type on "Linked Issue"

Durga prasad panda May 7, 2019

Hi ,
I am quite new to script runner and behavior plugin. I want to achieve below scenario

When I am creating User Story, then I want to be able to select only "Task" issues of that project in the "Linked Issue" , "Issue" field.

for example, we see only epics in the epic link, so I want to achieve something similar to that. But in this case for one standard issue type i want to see another standard issue type.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2019

I don't think that there is any way with scriptrunner to control the source of the built-in linked issue field or the link issue dialog (used to add a link after the issue creation).

The simplest would be to use the Scriptrunner Behaviour functionality (or workflow) to "validate" the linked issue selected during the creation and return an error if it is not a Task.

The other option is to create an Issue Picker scripted field to use during the creation of the issue. If you need that issue to be listed specifically as a linked issue, you could use a workflow function to then create the issue link based on the issue picker field.

0 votes
Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

It sounds like you want to display the Tasks of a Story in a separate field like the Epic Link and restrict this field to only Tasks.

This is possible with the Issue Picker field in ScriptRunner, so I would support Peter-Dave's answer here.

We also have an add-on available that not only lets you create issue picker fields but link the issues with a real relation where you can define the relation, select what kind of issues (even based on certain field values) and what amount of these issues can be linked and you can also see the linked Story when you are viewing the Tasks which is not possible with ScriptRunner's issue picker field. Here is a link to the app. Give it a try if you want: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215311/stagil-assets-advanced-links?hosting=server&tab=overview

Best regards,
Daniel
STAGIL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events