It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to use "select list conversion" with Script Runner Behaviour in Service Desk Edited

Yves Martin Feb 06, 2018

Hello

I have successfully applied Script Runner select list conversion to text custom fields in JIRA and try to add same behaviour when field is available at Service Desk request creation from customer portal.

First, is "select list conversion" available in Customer Portal ? and if so, may you please provide a specific example how to get it work.

For information, my versions: JIRA 7.7.1, ServiceDesk 3.10.1 and Adaptavist Script Runner 5.3.1

The initialiser I use and works well in JIRA screens. In JIRA ServiceDesk, select list is empty and typing has no effect:

getFieldByName("Substitute Manager").convertToSingleSelect([
    ajaxOptions: [
        url : getBaseUrl() + "/rest/scriptrunner/latest/custom/substituteManager",
        query: true,
        formatResponse: "general"
    ]
])

Thank you in advance for your help

Yves

1 answer

1 vote
Yves Martin Feb 15, 2018

According to web console, it looks like jQuery loading may be lacking:

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2667

Have you got any idea how to work-around this failure ?

Yves Martin Mar 07, 2018

As a work-around, I have replaced "select list conversion" by Customer Portal field value validation against database thanks to "Behaviours"...

Lulzim Bulica Apr 13, 2018

Hello, i am facing the same problem, the conversion is not accomplished in the Customer Portal, did you find a solution?
Thank you

Yves Martin Apr 13, 2018

As a work-around, I have replaced "select list conversion" by text field value validation thanks to Behaviours which connects directly to database (so rest service is no longer used).

Behaviour scripts provide available options for each field with setDescription (if list is short) and reports validation error with setError (and clearError)

To notice, there is a drawback to get behaviour scripts to run properly: it is required that customer users have "Browse Project" permission !

Hope this helps

Lulzim Bulica Apr 13, 2018

Thank you very much for your answer.

I am new in Jira and i do not fully understand the answer. Do you mean you do not convert the text field in select field anymore? 
What i need to do is create a "Project Picker" select customfield. As the Project Picker customfield type is not supported by Jira Service Desk i am trying to implement a drop down with project names. Is it possible to share your behaviour code, i would really appreciate it. 
Thank you

Yves Martin Apr 13, 2018

You understand well I no longer convert text field into select field.

I wrote behaviour to validate field value - in my case user account names against a database

In your case, I wonder if customer users may be able to fill JIRA project key in text field, so that you just have to validate it against jira project manager service... It really depends on your JIRA project keys complexity/length/memory-friendly.

I am sorry but I have no code close enough to your use case which is worth to share

Regards

Yves Martin Apr 13, 2018

Please vote for Adaptavist issue...

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Handling Opsgenie Alerts

Hi everyone, welcome to the kb articles for Opsgenie FAQs. I'm one of the Technical Support Engineers for Opsgenie who will be providing weekly posts on FAQs from customers.   All alerts are ...

48 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you