How to install add-ons on a dev environment for Script runner

Pieter Claeys May 18, 2017

Hi,

I want to user Adaptavist Script runner for Jira to create some extra functionlities in combination with some Tempo Timesheets features.

Using the instructions on 'setting up a dev environment', I can develop and debug a running Jira instance. There's also instructions how to install Jira Software or Service desk.

But what steps can I take have also an add-on such as Tempo Timesheets installed in this dev environment? Should I request an evaluation key ? Or should I debug against a dedicated Dev/test environment instead of the maven-best local environment?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2017

You can use pluginArtifacts section to install additional plugins - see https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/developer-tools/working-with-the-sdk/about-amps-build-options/amps-build-configuration-reference

The problem you will probably have is tempo is probably not in any public maven repo, so you would need to install it locally using mvn install:install-file (or deploy if you have your own nexus or artifactory etc).

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2017

Also note that https://developer.atlassian.com/market/add-on-licensing-for-developers/timebomb-licenses-for-testing - the first key will work with any marketplace-licensed addon for 3 hours. 3 hours is the same as the host licence, so should not be too painful.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2017
Pieter Claeys May 19, 2017

Hi, 

thanks for the reply. I got it working with your help, although a bit differently.

Steps taken:

1. start jira on my dev machine: 'atlas-mvn jira:debug'
2. Create some test projects & issues
3. Go to manage add-ons, install the Tempo timesheets add-on . It accepts the license key from my production server ID (I didn't expect that). Create some more test data.
4. shutdown this dev jira.
5. run atlas-create-home-zip and copy the zipfile to some src\resources directory
6. add productDataPath to pom.xml

--- now the trickier stuff: this zipfile doesn't contain the plugins I installed manually in step 3. Don't know if this can be automated somewhere in the pom.xml, so a manual workaround:
7. copy the tempo plugin .jar files from target\jira\home\plugins\installed-plugins to some other backup directory
8. delete the entire target directory
9. run atlas-debug again.
10.  while booting, copy the jar files from backup dir to target\jira\home\plugins\installed-plugins

Then it works for me. 
As far as Ican see, that atlass-install-plugin command only installs the 'current' plugin, not any other existing plugin from the marketplace.
An way to automate steps 7 onwards would be nice, but I have enough to get started . thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events