How to guarantee subTasks use Tempo Account "inherited from parent" select choice at create

Jason Kemp January 10, 2018

Background:

For user time accounting purposes, we must have parent issues and their subtasks have the same Accounts automatically. To make this foolproof, we plan to remove the ability to edit the Account field on Subtasks, and thus must require the choice "inherited from parent" is selected at create.

I am attempting to enforce this option through scripted post functions. Unfortunately, the workflows involved are used on both subtasks and parent issues. Splitting them up is not a maintainable option.

What I have found is that the usual scriptrunner ways of updating fields (issue.setCustomFieldValue(...)) do not work for this. This will set the account to the parent issue's account, but the subtask's account will not be dynamic. If the parent issue's account changes, the subtask will remain on the old account.

I have found that using the JIRA Suite Utilities "Update Custom Field Value" and setting the account field to a value of 0 (which is what the UI sends when the inherit option is chosen) works as expected. However, this of course overrides any non-subtask's account as selected at create. It also does not work with issue.setCustomFieldValue(). So, to get the post function to only apply to subtasks, I need to be able to call the JIRA Suite Utilities update function within a scriptrunner function (if this is indeed possible).

Actual Issue:

My attempts to call the JIRA Suite Utilities function in a post script are failing:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.WithPlugin
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.IssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.AbstractPropertySet
import com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertySet
import java.util.Map

@WithPlugin('com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities')

def updateIssueCFPF = ComponentAccessor.componentClassManager.loadClass('com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction')
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def accountCF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Account")

if (issue.isSubTask())
{
    def propertySet = accountCF.getPropertySet()
    Map args = ["customfield_11100": "0"]
    updateIssueCFPF.execute(transientVars, args, propertySet)
}

The error I'm getting as a failure:

2018-01-10 11:58:18,316 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: *************************************************************************************
2018-01-10 11:58:18,316 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: Script function failed on issue: null, actionId: 1, file: <inline script>
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction.execute() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.HashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap, com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.CachingOfBizPropertySet) values: [[entry:com.opensymphony.workflow.spi.SimpleWorkflowEntry@373df8bc, ...], ...]
Possible solutions: execute(java.util.Map, java.util.Map, com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertySet)
	at Script30.run(Script30.groovy:24)

I have tried many ways to declare or cast the arguments to the requested types, but they still get passed in as the original types.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Kemp January 11, 2018

I ended up resolving this in an entirely different manner. I added the initial value of the Accounts field to the transient vars, set the Account to 0 via the post function, then conditionally restored the original value from transient vars.

0 votes
Jose Arroyo November 15, 2018

Is this working?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events