How to cretae a space with predefined page structure in Confluence using Script?

DevaKiran June 24, 2019

Hi,

I have two requirement like,

1) I need to create a space with some predefined page structure automatically using the script runner that means whenever i created a new project in jira then automatically a space with predefined page structure should be created in the Confluence.

2)  If i create a space by using create button in Confluence then automatically that space should come with some predefined page structure.

For example, the page structure as below:

• Explore
    • Requirement
    • Resource
    • Plan
  • Concept
    • Technical Specifications
    • Architecture
  • Development
    • Implementation
    • Code
  • Deliver
    • Release management
    • Test management

Could you please assist me with the script or the any other way to achieve both of the above requirements.

I don't need any add-on to achieve the above requirements.

Thanks & Regards
Deva.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Gough [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2019

Hi Deva,

We have a script here written a while back for a ScriptRunner demo that you are welcome to use, though it may need slight adaptation to fit your precise requirements. For example, for your 2nd requirement the code could be adapted to be called in an Event Listener which listens to the SpaceCreate event.

The script can be used as a REST Endpoint in ScriptRunner for Confluence and will create the page structure specified.

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/Adaptavist/LjrknK

I hope this helps you out!

Kind regards,
Tony

DevaKiran July 9, 2019

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your response. The script which you suggested working great.

Regards,

Deva

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events