Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to cretae a space with predefined page structure in Confluence using Script?

Hi,

I have two requirement like,

1) I need to create a space with some predefined page structure automatically using the script runner that means whenever i created a new project in jira then automatically a space with predefined page structure should be created in the Confluence.

2)  If i create a space by using create button in Confluence then automatically that space should come with some predefined page structure.

For example, the page structure as below:

• Explore
    • Requirement
    • Resource
    • Plan
  • Concept
    • Technical Specifications
    • Architecture
  • Development
    • Implementation
    • Code
  • Deliver
    • Release management
    • Test management

Could you please assist me with the script or the any other way to achieve both of the above requirements.

I don't need any add-on to achieve the above requirements.

Thanks & Regards
Deva.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Deva,

We have a script here written a while back for a ScriptRunner demo that you are welcome to use, though it may need slight adaptation to fit your precise requirements. For example, for your 2nd requirement the code could be adapted to be called in an Event Listener which listens to the SpaceCreate event.

The script can be used as a REST Endpoint in ScriptRunner for Confluence and will create the page structure specified.

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/Adaptavist/LjrknK

I hope this helps you out!

Kind regards,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your response. The script which you suggested working great.

Regards,

Deva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

97 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you