Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I persist a scriptrunner html field value?

Owen Urkov January 23, 2018

I need a drop down field in a Jira ticket where the values are generated dynamically by shelling out to zookeepercli.

I have a custom scriptrunner field in a Jira project that uses groovy to call zookeepercli, take the results and use them to generate HTML.  The HTML generated is a select tag which displays as a drop down.  The field Template is set to HTML.  The groovy script seems to be working as the HTML is generated with the correct values and renders fine when I go to edit a ticket. 

My problem is that when I select a value from the drop down, it never gets persisted.  There's no way to save.  If I navigate away from the page and come back, the default value is displayed.  

How do I get Jira to store the value selected from my dynamically generated HTML?

When I use the REST API to query for the value of my custom field, I get back the HTML code rather than the value I expect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

This will not work. 

Consider a javascript conversion: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.5/jira/behaviours-conversions.html#_behaviour

Or consider writing a service that syncs Options to a Select dropdown.

Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Agree with Steven on this one. I think a behaviour conversion will do the job (I've added a link to the latest version of the documentation)

Owen Urkov January 26, 2018

Thanks for the response!  I'll take a look into behaviour conversion and see if I can wire something up to do what I'm after.  Cursory glance at the docs/examples makes it look like very doable.

Cheers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events