Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I audit exporting of Jira issues?

Edited

I'm looking through the Jira system logs to see if there's an audit trail of users who may have processed a bulk export of issues. I can't seem to find any with the default verbosity set - is this intended? Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area. 

We are running Jira Server 8.22.x

I do have Scriptrunner if that will help us here.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Generally, only things that change the underlying configuration/data is audited.

I don't think that can be modified.

The only way would be to disable the built-in export functionality and build your own that includes an explicit call to create an audit log.

But there are so many ways that issues can be exported (using REST API for example) that it might be difficult to control.

Thanks for your reply, any ideas on what sort of REST API actions I should look for in the logs, that you know of?

No, I don't off the top of my head. 

But the way I'd find out is to monitor the logs closely and perform a sample export myself and see what gets logged (if anything).

Yeah, I did try.. no dice! Well, anyway, thanks for your guidance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

298 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you