Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give the value of Linked Issue in screen to validate

Daniel Luevano September 7, 2017

I want to validate on Workflow validations that this Fields has a value, this is a jira field, so I cannot refer to it as a custom field.getId.png

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Sinton Wong February 26, 2018

You can using Script Runner to complete it.

Using 'Behaviour'.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hey Daniel,

Any of the add-ons below should allow you to add a post-function that validates if fields (both system and custom) have a value.

User ScriptRunner for JIRA to add a custom script validator. The script looks for all Linked Issues. If there are no linked issues, validation fails. If linked issues are found, it looks for status and performs the validation required to check for particular status values.

This question has been answered here. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Validator-script-to-check-status-of-all-linked-issues-before/qaq-p/427966

ScriptRunner add-on link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/server/overview

Thank you

Bhushan

Daniel Luevano September 8, 2017

None of those Plugins validate that particular field, also I want to make it required only when resolution is 'Duplicate'. Thanks.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

Thanks Daniel. I have updated my response based on your requirement of having a specific resolution or status.

Daniel Luevano September 11, 2017

Thanks for your response, but I'm looking for something that checks the value on real time, I mean in a Transition screen, that script you mentioned checks the linked issues when they already exists on the Issue, I just need to check that the 'Issue linked' field has a value on the screen.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events