Get Field Configuration Scheme for Script

Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

I am trying to use ScriptRunner's BulkImportCustomFieldValues REST API endpoint, however, I don't understand what the FIELD_FCS (Field Configuration Scheme) has to do with it and where to get the correct ID for it.

Could someone explain what I have to place in that parameter and where to find it?

I'm also confused on the whole FCS component of JIRA. I saw FCS being used on project level in discussions and in the settings I looked, but why would you specify the FCS if you're importing into one field, not into an entire project? How would it know which field to populate? Any help, or useful documentation, would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

What I did to find the needed FIELD_FCS is go to the Script Runner's Bulk import custom field values script in the Built-in Scripts section, use developer tools of the browser to inspect the field dropdown, and find the html element with the name and the corresponding value of the JIRA field you want. The value is the FIELD_FCS.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events