Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Deleted user
0 / 0 points
Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does the Linked Issues field work on ScriptRunner for JIRA?

I recently tried to detect changes to the Linked Issues field, even if the listener is added:

Chrome's console log entry:

[SR Behaviours] field: issuelinks

The problem is that apparently the fields have different IDs to that one issuelinks-linktype and issuelinks-issues. Because of this, none of the changes trigger the Behaviour script.

Behaviour setup:

- Field enabled:
Linked Issues
- Conditions:
None
- Script:
// log a change in the field
log.error getFieldById(getFieldChanged())

As a result, no matter how many times I change the field, I get no entries in my log.

Is this a bug or am I using the field in the wrong way?

1 answer

Buenas Pablo.

Could you kindly provide your code for your behaviour and or a screenshot of the configuration?

Cheers!

DYelamos

Here you may see the config:

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 17.02.31.png

Here the results:Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 17.01.50.png

This could also be related to https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-1316 if they are on an older version of SR.

Good evening Joshua,

I am running the latest version of SR and the bug still exists.

Can you please check?

Pablo,

I am not able to reproduce the bug. I just added a behaviour to the "Linked Issues" field, added a server-side script that has a logging statement, and started changing the Linked Issues field on the create screen. As expected, I get this in the logs:

2017-12-04 15:14:58,950 http-bio-8080-exec-11 DEBUG admin [jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours] Field changed
2017-12-04 15:15:06,745 http-bio-8080-exec-11 DEBUG admin [jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours] Field changed
2017-12-04 15:15:08,408 http-bio-8080-exec-11 DEBUG admin [jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours] Field changed

I am running ScriptRunner for Jira Server, version 5.2.3. Jira version 7.6.0. 

I am running the same version (correction: Script Runner is using the latest version available in the marketplace 5.2.2) as well.

The only difference is that I added a new link type named includes/is included in.

Can you check with such a config please?

In which way are you testing the behaviour? Unless you are linking an issue on the Create, Edit, or transition screen, the behaviour won't work because behaviours don't work on the View screen. If you are just looking at an issue and clicking the + button in the Linked Issues section to add an issue, the behaviour won't work.

It looks like in your screenshot you are doing it on the right screen, but I just want to check.

From the create screen.

I am running Jira from in a Docker container from this image.

This is what I detected by playing with the browser console:

- It seems that posting runvalid method does not trigger for the field Linked Issues, whereas it does for any other (not binded correctly on startup?).

If I manually edit and send the POST request to the runvalidator.json endpoint, the change is captured by the serverside script and it generates a log entry.

P.S.: I am not using any Ad-blocker add-ons.

Hi Pablo - We're experiencing the same thing. Were you able to get any further on this?

Hi Guy,

Sadly I didn't hear back from Adaptavist anymore and there was nothing I could do, so I stopped looking in this direction.

Bummer. ...thanks for responding. :)

Hi Pablo, Guy,

Apologies that it's taken a while for us to get back to you.

I've had a go at reproducing the issue on our latest internal build and the problem does not seem to occur: the log entries are produced as expected. On the other hand, I was able to achieve a reproduction on the latest public release (5.2.2). I believe therefore that this issue should be fixed in the next release. I'm afraid I can't give a concrete date for when this release will occur but hopefully it will be soon.

Hope the above info is helpful, and sorry again for the long silence!

J

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase

All you wanted to know about customer support KPIs

When working in customer support, it’s crucial to calculate, analyze and monitor specific numbers, called KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). They go hand-in-hand with customer satisfaction, problem d...

133 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you