Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom ScriptListener for Directory Events (or other non-Issue events). How to access details?

sdwire October 18, 2017

I'm trying to write a custom ScriptListener to add users to a customer Organization in service desk whenever they log in from our LDAP directory.

I believe I need to teach the ScriptListener to listen for the UserAuthenticatedEvent. The challenge I have is how to reference the details of that event from within my script in order to get to the User and Directory objects for that event.

My initial thought was to reference the "event" variable, but that, alas, is of type IssueEvent, and not UserAuthenticatedEvent. The script editor complains if I try to ask it for the user or directory objects that would be in a UserAuthenticatedEvent object.

When I'm triggering a custom ScriptListener by something other than an IssueEvent, how do I get to the details of that event?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
sdwire October 18, 2017

Well...   It appears that the script editor doesn't know that the actual runtime environment can have different types of events.

If I ignore the errors in the editor and submit my code anyway, it is able to find the right methods of the UserAuthenticatedEvent when it executes.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events