Copy information from parent issue to sub-task

tobias January 15, 2021

What is the best way to copy all the information from a parent issue to sub-task, when the sub-task is created? I haven't found a good way copy the attachments and other fields to the sub-task. We got scriptrunner, but haven't found anything.

I'm using jira server.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021
tobias January 15, 2021

Thanks Nic,
But will this copy attachments? It doesn't look like it will import attachmentmanger etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

No, it won't, it was intended to get you started.

You could add attachment copies to it, but the Library doesn't have an example for that. 

I don't think I've seen any demand for it, the handful of times I've seen "we want to copy attachments", it's actually turned out to be down to something that would be better handled by not using attachments or by linking to a single source of truth rather than duplicating things.  So I'd question why you're duplicating attachments before getting stuck into some coding.  Attachmentmanager is the right thing to import though

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events