Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider approved after setting the approval number dinamicaly

Marko Slijepčević February 24, 2021

Hi,

I was wondering, is there a way to set the "Consider approval after" value in a Service Desk's Approval workflow configuration based on i.e. the request type by using Scriptrunner

So if it is request type A, set 5 approvals needed else let it be 10, or All?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

hey @Marko Slijepčević ,

i'm afraid that won't be possible as it would require changing your workflow (which is linked to the entire issue type) on the fly.

You might consider looking in to an app to do this such as Group sign-off or Advanced issue acceptance 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=jira-service-management&query=approval

Just brainstorming here but 

otherwise using scriptrunner you might need to build a complex process such as iterating over the same status and using a custom field where you do a count based on the number of status transitions?

Scriptrunner could then help in auto transitioning the issue to the correct status.

Marko Slijepčević February 24, 2021

I'm afraid I have to give you right on this one

"build a complex process such as iterating over the same status and using a custom field (...)" this seems to be the only way, I hoped to avoid doing something like this since it can become an overkill.

Thanks for your reply!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

I'm still hoping for a day when Jira has a sub-workflow based on a request type where you can define this sub process but sadly not here yet.. (and no idea if it ever will arrive).

Like Marko Slijepčević likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events