cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence ScriptRunner - What can it do

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

Hello Community,

I have been using ScriptRunner for Jira for sometime now, I have gotten pretty used to it. I am now looking into ScriptRunner for Confluence.

I looked online and found no real documentation to the extent that ScriptRunner can customize Confluence. Could someone provide me with the functionality ScriptRunner adds to Confluence?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

-Roberto

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Hi Roberto,

There are a couple sites I found that may help you see what you can do with ScriptRunner for Confluence:

In addition, take a look at the ScriptRunner for Confluence landing page:

ScriptRunner for Confluence applies the same approach to Confluence, Atlassian’s collaboration and knowledge management tool. You can extend Confluence events, dynamically insert data, customise menus and dialogs and script macros without needing to write add-ons. Use the library of pre-written scripts or create your own with Groovy.

Trigger actions based on any Confluence event

Use Scripted Event Handlers and Scripted Jobs to enable Confluence to dynamically respond to actions, comments or changes of status. Script specific responses to actions to improve the usefulness of Confluence. For example, respond to trigger words in pages and posts or change page labels of aged posts.

Dynamically insert external data via REST

Make Confluence more dynamic by embedding external content and/or data in your pages, posts or comments. Any REST API source can be used – Atlassian tools such as JIRA or Bitbucket to Salesforce, Xero or Google Sheets.

Schedule regular useful scripted jobs

One of ScriptRunner’s most powerful features is its ability to schedule and conditionally perform actions. So you can automatically look for pages that haven’t been updated recently and add a ‘require-review’ label.

Built-in Scripts

• Copy Space
  • Bulk Delete Attachments
  • Bulk Purge Trash
  • Rename Labels
  • Change Content Author
  • Copy and Delete Page Tree
  • Convert URLs to links
  • Switch User
  • Xpath Search

Script Console

• List all pages and authors
  • Disable inactive users
  • Add/remove user(s)

Customise the Confluence User Interface

• Show a conditional announcement banner to a subset of users (i.e different banners for admins, non-admins or users not logged in)
  • Add your own web item (button)
  • Add additional information in your own web panel
  • Define new locations in which to add items

Hopefully that provides a bit more clarity in terms of how @AScriptRunner can be used to extend the features and functionality of Confluence.

Cheers,

Branden

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events