Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility Scriptrunner and ProFields

Romain VELON August 17, 2017

Hello,
I a using a Simple Script Validator in a workflow to request a mandatory field (Story Points) depending of a Profields value as well (Field called "Project Methodology")
I am not sure that Scriptrunner is compatible with Profields because I can't make it work. Or maybe I miss something.
I want the error message in transition IF my project is AGILE AND Story Points is empty
Here is the condition I am using: 
"cfValues['Project Methodology'] != 'AGILE' || cfValues['Story Points'] != null"

I tried with Custom Fields Ids as well with no success. ProField is creating their fields as custom fields so I was pretty sure to be able to use them. Thanks for your help.
Romain

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

I suspect they're compatible, but the code is not handling it.

When you ask JIRA for the value of a field in Java, you have to make sure you code for the right return value.  A field might hand back a string, a number, a date/time, an option (select list value), a user, or arrays of things when it's a multi-select.  If you try to use a variable of the wrong type to hold a field value, it falls over.  The Groovy that Scriptrunner uses does not fall over, it just carries the returned object, whatever the type.

The first part of your condition in English is "Whatever the object is in that field, try to convert it to a string and compare it with the string 'AGILE'"

I suspect that the Profields value being returned is not something that can be converted into a string automatically by Groovy.

You should still be able to make it work, but it's going to need some investigation to see what is really being passed back.

Romain VELON August 18, 2017

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, it's a good clue. 

My Profields Field is a Profields Select List so it's not really a Text value with property value. But when I try to use another property like "?.value" or "*.value" it doesn't work neither. 

The customfield from Profields has a type "Profields Custom Field List" and not "Select List" as usual. So I don't know why java class I can use to get the value of this type.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

That's what would need to be investigated - what class comes back and how to get the data you want out of it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events