Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Sprint field on moving process

Dominik September 20, 2017

Hello,

when moving operations, the sprint field is not emptied. This causes the operations with wrong sprint on other boards. We have filter related boards. Is there a way I can clear the sprint field on the move? Is it possible with Scriptrunner? If yes how? And how can I use Scriptrunner to clear Cutomfields.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

Here is sample code for a Move Issue event listener:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.UpdateIssueRequest

// optionally, check from/to project and conditionally execute...

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueManager)
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def sprintCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Sprint")
def user = event.user

def issue = issueManager.getIssueObject(event.issue.id)
issue.setCustomFieldValue(sprintCf, null)
def updateIssueRequest = UpdateIssueRequest.builder().
eventDispatchOption(EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH).
historyMetadata(null)

issueManager.updateIssue(event.user, issue, updateIssueRequest.build())
Dominik September 26, 2017

I have created a CustomListener and inserted the sample code. It worked. :-) There is also a possibility when cloning issues

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Yes, it worked, because I tested it ;-) An upvote would be nice!

Dominik September 26, 2017

Which event needs to be trapped so that it can work when cloning? Thank yoimage.png

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2017

That's a more complicated question... see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-detect-if-an-issue-is-a-clone-in-a-listener-at/qaq-p/562675. If you are on jira 7.5 you could do it on IssueLinkCreated and check if it's the cloners link I guess.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Moving an issue tries to retain as much of the issue as the target project allows for, and as Sprint is a global field, it's not going to clear it.

You are right you can do it with ScriptRunner - a listener could be scripted to catch "issue moved", check you want to lose the sprint and clear it (and other fields) by setting them to "null".

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events