Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if Issue is a clone during create postfunction (customscript)

Dennis Markwart April 10, 2017

Hi,

can I check within a custom script postfunction (directly after create) if an issue is a clone or not? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

This would need to do something similar to what was asked earlier about detecting clones in a listener - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Marketplace-questions/How-to-detect-via-script-listener-if-an-Issue-was-cloned/qaq-p/460724

Most of the answer is the same, except that you won't have an issue history to read, and will need to rely on the summary and/or link being set.

Dennis Markwart April 11, 2017

double post

Dennis Markwart April 11, 2017

My problem is that i dont want to rely only on the summary, but the link collection of the cloned issue is empty during the create-postfunction (even when i move my custom script at the very end, ofcourse after "issue is created" step).

Collection<Issue> allIssueLinks = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getLinkCollection(issue, currentUser).getAllIssues()

=> allIssueLinks.size() is always 0. It works fine in other transitions but not during Create.

After cloning, i can see inside the issue history that first my script is performed and then the link is set afterwards ("user changed the Link to 'This issue clones ...").

Moiz Shaikh April 24, 2018

Hello Dennis,

Did you find any workaround for this?

Regards,

Moiz

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events