Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get a notification from an email to create new issue or comment on an existing issue.

Santosh Pandey October 4, 2018

I want to register an email and wanted to create an issue or comment on an existing issue if any new mail is received in registered email. 

Can we achieve this functionality using script runner  in JIRA?

Although we can create or comment an issue using JIRA functionality but we can't apply some timer on this so, it can check the email registered in every 15 minutes and create issue if any email received after 15 minute of previous email. 

So, I am looking for script runner , is there any workaround for this?

thanks

santosh

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2018

Hi Santosh.

Is there any reason why you want to do this? This sounds like standard Service Desk functionality to me. 

With ServiceDesk, customers can send you an email, and that opens an issue, furthermore, if they reply to that email, it will result in a comment. 

If this isn't what you want, could you explain further? This seems like a really small question to describe a rather large and complex requirement. 

Cheers

DY

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events