Can a scripted listener on resolve see work logged during the resolve transition?

Nick Shaw August 28, 2017

So I have a listener that is trying to get the value of the total time spent on an issue, being triggered on the Issue Resolved event.

We have the ability for users to set a worklog on the Issue Resolve screen. Unfortunately when the user adds time in this transition, the listener is not returning the time accurately because it's not taking into account the work log generated during the resolve transition.

I've tried this same kind of thing on a script post-function too, and it also doesn't return the accurate time spent; it ignores the resolve-transition added worklog just like the listener does.

Is there something I'm missing, or is there just no way to get the listener (or post-function) to see this on-resolve worklog?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bettina Hübner August 31, 2017

Hi Nick,

I don't know if this helps you but here is a script post-function that shows the worklog added during the transition:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.util.UserMessageUtil
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.WorklogSystemField

Map<String,ModifiedValue> modifiedValues = ((MutableIssue)issue).getModifiedFields()

if (modifiedValues.containsKey("worklog")) {
ModifiedValue worklog = modifiedValues.get("worklog")
WorklogSystemField.WorklogValue worklogSystemField = (WorklogSystemField.WorklogValue)worklog.getNewValue()
UserMessageUtil.success('Added worklog: ' + worklogSystemField.timeLogged())
}

My Jira version 7.1.2 (Jira Server)

Nick Shaw August 31, 2017

That's exactly what I needed!

Only thing I did was since the .timeLogged() function returns a string, I just wrapped it up inside the JiraDurationUtils .parseDuration() function to give me the seconds value and boom, exactly what I wanted.

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events