Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build own Built-In Script Fields with Scriptrunner

Chriszee October 16, 2019

Hello,

I am currently trying to write a Script for Scriptrunner that can be used by our regular administrators to create Scripted Custom Fields similar to the Built-In Script Fields.

I already found out the following:

The package needs to be com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow or com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields (or similar???)

The script file has to be located under <script root>/<package>/<script>.groovy

The class needs to implement at least the CannedScript interface

By following these 3 requirements, I already managed to get an element into the Built-In scripts general menu, but NOT in the Script Fields menu. This especially means I was not able to create a Script Field through this form.

What I cannot find out at all:

How can I make the script be categorized in the correct category in the ScriptRunner/Admin/Browse/Script Fields panel? 

How can I make my Script Field behave like the built-in script fields, e.g. creating a field when submitting the form?

I have pasted my source code to this link: https://pastebin.com/kJyP2hdn

I would appreciate any help. It would be great if someone could provide a sample for a built-in script field. I could not find one, and Adaptavist support could only provide a sample listener unfortunately.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Hi Chris, 

We are posting this here so others can benefit from the response we gave in your support ticket

We unfortunately do not make our source code public.

As explained in our docs, you can either add plain scripts or “built-in scripts” which can be parameterised. Such scripts must implement the com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.CannedScript interface, and must be added to specific packages in order to show up in the correct place in the UI. To add scripts to the Built-in Scripts menu, add them to the com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.common.admin menu.

See the sample plugin source code for further examples.
https://bitbucket.org/Adaptavist/scriptrunner-samples/src/master/jira/src/main/groovy/com/onresolve/scriptrunner/canned/jira/workflow/SampleScriptListener.groovy

Kind regards,

Katy

Adaptavist Product Support 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events