Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach to migrate Issues of a project to another Jira instance

Shashi Singh December 17, 2019

I need to migrate all the issues from a particular project into another project of different Jira instance. What is the best way to accomplish that. The migrated issues must have all the comments and attachments from the source instance.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019
Shashi Singh December 18, 2019

Hi There - thanks for your response. When I attempt an export issue using CSV (Current Fields), the comments is not getting exported and there is no option to export attachments. 

Export using CSV (All Fields) is generating a huge file since there are infinite number of custom fields in my source project.

I guess I need to use CSV (All Fields) export and then parse the file to pull the data that I'm interested in migrating to target system. Any thoughts?

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

I don't have experience with export-import on this level, all I can add is that you cannot export and import attachments, only their references, and the references have to point somewhere the target Jira can also access them. First you import all other parts of the issue with the attachment references, then the attachments themselves.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/import-attachments-from-csv-file/qaq-p/245071

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-import-attachments-using-the-CSV-importer/qaq-p/327051

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events