Archive Issues with Script Runner in Jira Software Server

Pascal Stephan March 9, 2020

Hello, 

I have one question. Is it possible to archive issues (automatically) with ScriptRunner in Jira Software Server? Maybe with a custom job that archive all issues that are closed a specific period of time ago. If it is possible maybe you can describe how I can do this.

Kind regards. 

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2020

Hi Pascal,

To clarify Ravi's answer - Scriptrunner will allow you to archive issues, but the pre-requiste is that you're on Jira Data Center. Jira Server does not permit the archiving of issues/projects.

One potential solution on Jira Server is to create an empty project with the appropriate permissions, and then move issues into this project with Scriptrunner. Beware that the issue keys will change as they're in a different project. You can read more on archiving before archiving was a thing here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/archiving-a-project-in-jira-server-950287459.html

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

I believe you'd do something like what's in that link, but you'd use the ArchivedIssueService instead of the one for projects to archive individual issues.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2020

Hi @Pascal_Stephan 

Yes you can archive by creating a job. Take a look at this document.

Ravi

Rama krishna August 26, 2020

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the Info :)

I have gone through the link. My question is "As per the Scriptrunner documentation we can archive the filtered issues as per the scheduled Job but where these archived issues will get saved and how to retrieve if needed in future".

Your response will help us a lot and appreciate it. Thanks!!

Regards

RK

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events