Add specific Organization to ticket automatically

Deleted user April 4, 2017

Hi - 

Currently I'm using a script post-function to add some specific users as Request Participants to a specific type of issue. I'd like to switch that over to use an organization.

I was reading

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/auto-add-organization-on-creation-of-ticket/qaq-p/25440

but that seems more aimed at adding ALL organizations applicable, and only when the ticket is created via JIRA, not the SD portal.

I have two scenarios that I'd need to address with this issue:

1) Add a specific organization upon the creation (via portal) of a ticket in X type

2) Add a specific organization upon the creation (via portal) of a ticket in X type in which a custom field is flagged in a specific way.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2017

Hey Kevin,

You can follow the example in the documentation and if you want to get a specific one then you will need to slightly change the last lines to 

def organizationsToAdd = organizationService.getOrganizations(currentUser, organizationsQuery)?.right()?.get()?.results?.find {it.name == "Organization A"}

// get the Organizations custom field
def cf = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Organizations")

// finally update the organizations custom field

cf.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf), [organizationsToAdd]), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder())

kind regards, Thanos

Eric Collins April 9, 2018

@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_, I am getting errors on this one.

states cannot cast to java.util.Collection

@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_the real problem came into play when trying to set multiple orgs.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events