Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Request for feedback on my article about scripted validators

Edited

HI y'all,

I've written an article on how to create a scripted validator that checks user's role in tandem with a threshold value from an issue. It addresses the use cases when, say, you want to allow only a manager to be able to accept a purchase request over $1000.

You can read it here:
A simple scripted validator goes a long way in Jira

I'm curious about your feedback.
Is it clear and easy to follow?
Is it informative enough, or is it missing something you find important?

Regards,
Mentorship4U

1 comment

Hi @Mentorship4U 

Well written and super useful article. I really like that you don't assume that the reader knows all the basic stuff and that the article can be used as a step-by-step guide. I wish I would have found more like this when I first started! Great point about using Validators instead of Conditions, haven't thought about that one :)

Cheers!

Awesome feedback @Mathis Hellensberg ! Thank you.

I learned the bit about conditions and validators the hard way ;)

The intent of this article was for it to be self-sufficient even for those who are just starting, I'm glad you  think it worked.

There's more to come.

Cheers!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

196 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you