Questions about Service Management forms (Cloud)

fran.quintero March 2, 2021

Hi,

I'm guessing the following questions cannot be done via "native" Jira Service Management (Cloud), so I want to ask to Adaptavist community:

• Inside a portal form, is there a way to show/hide several custom fields depending on the value of a radio button or select list? I.e. if I select A, it shows 2 fields previously hidden, if I select B, it hides those 2 fields and shows 3 different.

• Inside a portal form, is there a way to write a table in a text field (renderer mode), depending on the value of a radio button or select list? I.e. if I select A, it writes an empty table with values in the first row, if I select B, it deletes that table and writes another empty table with different values in the first row.

Important: it needs to be done before creating the ticket, since this is information to be filled by the customer.

I don't know how to implement those two use cases in Script Runner (even if it's possible to do it), or if there's a proper app for this.

Could you please help me with it?

1 comment

Comment

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

You didn't specify cloud/dc... 

But with server/dc, your first scenario can be accomplished with behaviour.

For cloud, I don't think it's possible with scriptrunner. I don't use cloud, so I can't be sure and I don't know what other apps out there may or may not help with this.

As for the second scenario... you need at least JSM 8.15. Before that, rendered rich text was not possible in the portal.

But with behaviour, you can set, reset and delete text in a field based on changing radio button or select list.

fran.quintero March 2, 2021

You are totally right about instance...the question is for Cloud instance.

Yes, with behaviours in Jira On Premise can be achieved, but since in Cloud there aren't Script Runner's behaviours...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events