Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Does anyone else feel like Project Configurator needs some safeguards?

I've been doing some work with Project Configurator in the past few weeks, exporting projects from one instance and importing to another, and every time I go to do an import my anxiety ramps up.  Its so easy for things to go catastrophically wrong and there's nothing you can do about it:

• There are no confirmation dialogs for ANYTHING, which is incredibly dangerous, given the next bullet
  • There's no way to stop an import after it starts
  • There is no way to tell what you are importing once it starts.  The progress bar only shows that an import is in progress. There is no project key shown on screen.
  • There are no warnings shown, for example when updating existing objects during project import
  • There is no way to get back to the progress window if there is an accidental navigation away, or if the tab closes

Don't get me wrong, this is a great tool, but there aren't a lot of protection measures in place.  People are people - mistakes happen.  In this case they're irreversible.

1 comment

Phill Fox Community Leader Sep 15, 2021

Hi @Rob Horan 

Thanks for this great feedback I will make sure this gets passed along to the team.  

Whilst I am certainly not able to comment on when these could be implemented the Project Configurator team do take in to account any feedback and the likely impact in deciding what functionality to develop next. 

Adaptavist provide a support portal for all our products at https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portals and we particularly invite suggestions for new features or improvements to be submitted. 

One area of feedback that we have recently addressed was the quality of the documentation and this was launched as a new website https://docs.adaptavist.com/ with specific content for Project Configurator at https://docs.adaptavist.com/pc/latest

Please keep this excellent feedback coming via whatever method works best for you - Atlassian Community or direct to the Product Support portal for Adaptavist.

Phill

Like Rob Horan likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

274 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you