Structure - How to wrap text in a particular column

I would like to be able to wrap text of a particular column (this one field has 2 - 3 sentences).  How to do that?

2 answers

Hi AJ,

Currently it is not possible to wrap text in a column. However, you can view text which does not fit in your view by hovering mouse button over three dots at the right side of the cell. This will trigger a pop-up window with full text of the field. Please, let me know if this helps with your usecase. Otherwise, would you kindly describe the requirement, as expanding the height of a row could obscure a significant portion of hierarchy, making Structure less useful. Maybe there is an alternative solution I can suggest.

This does not really help with my usecase.  I want to use the dashboard structure gadget to show that status of all my projects.   I only show the highest level "task" in the dashboard.   I have various columns like health, some due dates, etc.   One of the column is status.  This is where the project managers write the reason why the project is red/yellow.  Usually it is 2 - 3 sentences.   I want that to be able to see without having to hover on each of the project for the column.   What other way can I achieve this?

Hi AJ,

It is possible that we are going to make row height adjustable eventually, but this would require some serious design revamping, so it won't happen soon. 

If I understand your usecase correctly, you have some kind of monitoring screen where you cannot focus on the field to view its contents. Since you are only working with top level task - perhaps you can view it in a details view screen, which can be configured to display essential information. Or perhaps you can expand the width of a column to be sufficient to view project manager's comments. These are the only workarounds that I currently see that are close enough to requirement and does not depend on project manager doing their commenting differently.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Egor Tasa

ALM Works Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

337 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot