Structure Group by Portfolio Team

Corey Hutchinson May 15, 2018

The Team field, part of Portfolio for Jira, we can add the field to Structure result sets but can't group by the Team field.  Are we missing something?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2021

Hello @Corey Hutchinson & @Kasturee !

David from ALM Works here.

You can group by your Portfolio Team field in the following way:

• Add Group Generator
  • Select "Attribute"
  • Group by "Team"
  • Choose your Group on Level

Please let me know if this helps!  I look forward to your feedback!!!

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Kasturee October 25, 2021

Thanks David. I had to select "Portfolio Team" and it works perfectly. 

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Rohit Gupta January 13, 2022

Hi @David Niro ,

We followed the above steps for grouping.
But we are getting number example 1233, 1234 etc. instead of team name.
Can you help here?

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2022

Hello @Rohit Gupta !

That seems strange. What version of Structure and Jira are you currently using?

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Hi @David Niro 

JIRA 8.13.13
structure 6.4.0

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 2.06.55 AM.png

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
January 14, 2022

Thank you @Rohit Gupta 

I think it will be best if you contact our support team directly to work through this further.  

Could you please send us an email to support@almworks.com or through our customer portal support.almworks.com?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

1 vote
Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2018

Hi Corey!

Thanks for posting.

This feature is not currently available but we do have an open request for it. Unfortunately, I’m unable to give you a timeframe for when it will be released but I can certainly notify you when it becomes available if you would like.

In the meantime, there’s a workaround I can guide you through to accomplish this. This requires the use of Structure’s Formula column feature, which was released with Structure 4. Please let me know if you’re using Structure 4.0 or later so I can send you the directions on how to Group by Portfolio’s ‘Team’ field using Formulas.

Best Regards,

Vlad

ALM Works

Corey Hutchinson May 16, 2018

We are on the latest version, could you please share the workaround.  Thanks 

Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2018

Hi Corey!

Thanks for confirming. In a Formula column, you can set up the following formula:

IF(DEFINED(team), SUBSTRING(zzz,SEARCH("<span>",zzz,5)+5,SEARCH("</span>",zzz,5)-1), "")

And for the value of zzz select Manual specification and enter the following json:

{"id":"customfield","params":{"fieldId":10700},"format":"html"}

Please note that you will have to replace the 'fieldId' value above with your own. You can find it by going to Jira Administration|Issues| Custom Fields|. If you scroll down and select View Team (locked) by clicking on the gear icon to the right, in the URL you will see something like customFieldId=12345. Replace 10700 in the json with that value.

Afterward, you will be able to Group by the formula result (Group by Text Attribute>YourformulaName(Formula)

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2018

Hi again Corey,

I just wanted to note that currently, the Team field only displays data when teams are explicitly assigned to issues. When Portfolio automatically assigns the teams, the info is not shown in Structure.  Since the Team field is not a standard Jira field, we will need to investigate further on how to fully support it in Structure. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Vlad

ALM Works

Kasturee July 7, 2020

Hi Vlad. Can you advise when the Portfolio TEAM field will be enabled to be used in Structure's Group by function? Can you also post the ticket that is logged for this. Thanks

Corey Hutchinson May 12, 2021

@Vlad[ALM Works]  That formula you gave has worked perfectly until we moved to Jira version 8.13.6.  When we moved from 8.13.5 to .6 it stopped resolving the formula.  Does ALM have another solution for grouping by Team?

Sean Blezard October 19, 2021

What a crazy omission. I've just been trying to do that : group by Team. 

0 votes
SundaraPandian SundaraPandian June 25, 2022

Thank you @David Niro . The steps you provided helped a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events