How to disable Structure by default when creating a Jira

AJ October 26, 2017

I installed Structure in my Jira instance, but now whenever I go to create an issue, it will try to put it in a structure.  There is a link at the bottom saying do not use structure, but by default I do not want to go to a structure as lots of folks are using that Jira instance who are not going to use Structure.   Is it possible that by default it stays regular Jira and by selecting some box, the issue will be created in a structure?

3 answers

1 vote
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

Hi AJ,

This link only appears when you create an issue while viewing Structure board. So the users that don't use Structure will have the default create issue screen without option to add issue to any structure. Creating issues from any other screen but Structure board will not put the item in a structure either.

Please, let me know if this answers your concerns.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works Support

AJ October 27, 2017

Thanks.  This answers my concern.

-AJ

0 votes
Jimmy Van (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

Hi everyone, I found a solution to adding to Structure by default :) Enough persistence with Google will find you anything.

In your announcement banner, add:

<script>
try { window.almworks.structure.installCreateIssueHandler=null; } catch (e) {}
</script>

HT CEO Igor who has this js snippet:

https://structure.uservoice.com/forums/43181-structure-for-jira-ideas/suggestions/15422943-not-override-the-functionality-of-the-jira-create

0 votes
Jimmy Van (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2019

So this answers the question of when it happens, but is there any way to enforce or actually do this?

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2019

Hi Jimmy,

As mentioned in our service desk, if you restrict the structure's permissions to view only, it is possible to prevent adding issues to the structure via create menu.

Regards,

Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events