Bulk Edit for Assignee/Reporter

AJ December 8, 2017

I created a project template structure.  All the epics/tasks have my name as assignee/reporter.   When someone copies the structure, looks like my name as assignee/reporter also gets copied.  What I would like to see is that if I can give a group name for Assignee/reporter and then whoever is copying the structure, does a bulk edit to replace each group with some name.   Is that possible?  What are my options?

3 answers

1 vote
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 11, 2017

Hello AJ,

In a structure you can select all of the issues you want to change and click the ‘Bulk Edit’ button that will appear in the selection panel at the top of the structure. There you can select Edit Issues and proceed with changing issues’ Assignee and Reporter fields.

If there are issues in the structure that assigned to another user, you can group issues by Assignee first for convenience so you wouldn’t have to hand pick the issues you want to Bulk edit. For that you can either add the Group Generator (click the ‘Automation button, then + - Group - Assignee or Reporter), or if you want the grouping to be displayed only to you and not to other users, you can use the Transformations instead (after you click the ‘Transformation’ button in the right top corner on the Structure Board, the Transformations panel will appear in the structure and there you can add a group transformation by selecting it on the ‘Add transformation’ list).

I hope this helps! Please feel free to contact us via our Service Desk portal - support.almworks.com - in case you need further assistance or help with anything else.

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

AJ December 11, 2017

When we copy a structure, is it possible to change the Assignee/Reporter also?   Just like we can add "Suffix" and "Prefix". I would also like to be able to change the Assignee/Reporter for all the tasks when doing the copying (instead of doing the bulk edit). 

Also, not sure if I got my answer regarding giving a team name instead of an actual person for Assignee/Reporter?

0 votes

Hello!

Could you please help me? I want to clone the structure, but have the following error:

Problem copying field "Reporter" of ...: The reporter specified is not a user.

The previous reporter is not in system now. And such restriction does not allow me to copy the structure.

Thanks

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2017

Hello AJ,

When structure is copied, original issues can’t be changed, only cloned issues can be modified in a limited way. The only option to change Assignee or Reporter fields for several issues at once is to perform the Bulk Edit in a structure and then copy that structure.

Regarding your question about assigning an issue to a group instead of a user - Jira doesn’t have that functionality so it is not possible to do in Structure as well. The alternative here would be to create a custom field with multiple options that will be used instead of the ‘Assignee’ field (but it will be a different field by all means). But it won’t make a difference when copying a structure since issues’ fields can’t be edited in the process.

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events