ActiveObjects saves nulls

chintu Parameshwar October 11, 2012

Hi,

I'm writing a plugin, it using ActiveObjects, my plugin works fine(saving and retrieving values) with HSQL db(If I invoke it from atlassian sdk using atlas-run). But when I move the plugin to same version JIRA of other instance(using mysql), the save operation stores null values in all the columns of AO* table:

+----+-------------------------------+---
| ID | TEST1 | TEST2 | TEST3 |
+----+-------------------------------+---
|  1 |  NULL |  NULL |  NULL |
|  2 |  NULL |  NULL |  NULL |

Could you please let me know where I'm missing?

Thanks a million!

2 answers

0 votes
Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

Did you ever get that sorted out?

I also have the problem that save() leaves the columns at null.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

When I've had that happen it indicates you may not have saved your entities, or there is something up with your plugin, check logs? I test against postgres and mysql, each does work (you dont specific a product, so Im assuming JIRA)

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2013

That does not mean there is not a bug on MySQL and ActiveObjects working on an specific versions of JIRA.

Just the same bug than @chintu926 on JIRA + MySQL (and probably @Nabil too) has been reported for one of my plug-ins using Active Objects... and, for example, I've found this bug reported by an user trying to use the Tempo add-on:

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO-795

According to that user, a problem with ActiveObjects was not related to the plug-in. It was related to ActiveObjects working with MySQL on JIRA. After he upgraded JIRA, the problem was resolved and the plug-in worked fine.

Suggest an answer