cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Suite Utilities - mystical behavior

Andris Bērziņš
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

I installed JIRA Suite Utilities and I can no longer open new issues in the quick create form. It automatically opens them in a new window. Even weirder - I can still open it like I used to, but only from the IssueNavigator page. Any other will open new window that lets me choose project/Issue Type and click Next.

I have quite a few custom fields that use javascript and jquery, as well as this: http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jquery-plugin-treeview/ for some fields (for lookup). I also have custom workflows, screens, gadgets created. My guess is that one of those is interfering with the plugin. However disabling pretty much everything I could (and removing custom fields from the create issue screen) did not help - the problem still occurs.

I tried disabling individual modules from the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin and funnily enough - the first one named "common" did the trick. Everything works as before and the reason I got the plugin - 'required fields' validator, works as well!

I really don't like the way I solved the problem, though. It seems very unsafe and I'm pretty sure a module called "common" is essential :) has anyone else experienced this problem, or maybe knows what functions this module does and why it might be interfering with something else in JIRA? I'm using JIRA 5.0.5 and JIRA Suite Utilities 1.3.1.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

Try version 1.2.4.

0 votes
Mike Whitlock October 18, 2012

I experienced the exact same issue. So, I tried version 1.2.4 like Jobin said and it did the trick. Thanks to all.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events