sharpview pdf: preview is not available for current file

Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

I installed the Plugin on Confluence 4.2 and swftools for Windows 7.

After uploading a PDF-File ( I tried several PDF in several sizes starting wieth 128 kb) i get always the error-message: preview is not available for current file.

What could be happend?

Thanx :-)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2012

Just to c lose this one out -

As it turned out, this was being run on a Windows 7 machine, which is not supported by the underlying technology for the PDF browser.

It is supported on all typical server OSs, more common in production environments. We have many small and large companies using this plugin without complaint. Just works.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.appfusions.confluence.sharpview.sharp-view

Our Monster sale ends in 3 days - if interested in high resolution PDFs for your Confluence, great price!

Best,

<br>Ellen
ellen@appfusions.com

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

Hi Christina

If you still have this file, can you please check if PDF file has security settings. Secured PDF files cannot be converted and viewed. If possible, also ask for a sample of the offending file.

We have deployed this many times ...

We USED to have a problem with application/pdf showing and application/x-pdf types not showing - but that was fixed a few releases ago (on our side)

There are so many ways (and always new ones) to make and view PDFs, in some orgs where the tools are not standard, we see some strange things every now and then.

I believe that true Adobe tools set the files right.

We are going to try to track these problem PDFs closer and find some patterns to provide better error handling. PDF can be a wild west world.

Ellen

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

Sorry for the delay -

Have you not yet gotten ANY PDF to display?

That size should not be a problem at all.

What is the path you have defined for SWFtools in the plugin config panel (I presume you have configured this in the Admin console?)

Thanks for prodding us at info@appfusions.com too - we try to monitor the forum here - but also things are very busy - so reaching out direct is great!

Let me know..

Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

Thanks for your answer. I sent you all information via e-mail. I will post the solution here (hope so :-D )

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events