In Atlassian connector for eclipse, cannot create a new JIRA Query error

vimala nunavath June 18, 2012

Hi,

I am using Atlassian eclipse connector to connect to the JIRA server from eclipse. In eclipse, after adding the JIRA repository, I have checked validate setting to check whether the server is working or not. I got the message like: The server authentication and given credentials are valid. But, when I am trying to create a new JIRA Query in the eclipse IDE, I am getting a error like "Failed to download project list: Premature end of file." and "Query synchronization failed - premature end of file".

I have posted this error in eclipse forum also, but didnot get any answer.

Hope anyone can help me to solve this error.

BR,

Vimala

3 answers

1 vote
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

Let's track the issue here.

That might be permission problem. Please make sure or ask your JIRA admin to check if you have a 'browse project' permission in JIRA.

Cheers,

Jacek

Hi Jacek,

Could you guide me, how do I know whether I have permission to 'Browse project' or not in JIRA.

Thanks in advance!!

BR,

Vimala

Hi again,

I have "browse project" permission in jira. But, I dont know why I cannot connect to the JIRA and cannot create a new JIRA Query.

I have also heard that by using Atlassian connector, we cannot get the mandotary custom fields in the report. Is it true?

Thanks for the reply in advance!!

BR,

Vimala

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

Hi Vimala,

Regarding the query creation error, please let me know the version of your JIRA and Atlassian Connector.

Please also make sure that "Accept remote API calls" is set to ON. You can find this setting in Admin | (System) | General Configuration.

Regarding the custom fields we display them in the issue/task editor (they are not listed if value is not set for the field). There is no support for editing custom fields and no support for issue creation/editing if custom fields are mandatory.

I'm also not sure what kind of report would you like to have. Atlassian Connector for Eclipse allows you to list issues according to the server or custom filter (quite flexible) and also open/edit single issues in the issue editor.

Cheers,

Jacek

vimala nunavath June 19, 2012

Hi Jacek,

I am using Jira version 5 and Atlassian connector Version 3. I have checked 'Accept remote API calls' and is set to 'ON'.

I would like to generate a monthly issue report which contains the list of severity of the issues (minor/major/blocked) on the selected project .

I would also like to generate a monthly report which contains the list of status of the issues (Open/Closed/New) on the selected project.

Thanks for the help in advance!!

BR,

Vimala

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2012

Hi,

It looks like there is some nasty issue with your environment. Could you please:

• Create account and try to connect to https://studio.atlassian.com? You can use project PLE (Atlassian Connector for Eclipse) for a query. I want to find where the problem is located. It is either your Eclipse plugin or JIRA. You can also try to connect to some local fresh JIRA instance if there are some issue with studio.atlassian.com
  • Check if there is more information in the Eclipse error log related to the issue.

Regarding JIRA reports, Atlassian Connector for Eclipse is just a kind of extention for Mylyn. There is no typical reporting capability. You can only list tasks/issue according to the defined filter. Take a look at the screenshot how it looks in my Eclipse.

There are some dedicated reporting plugins for JIRA. You can search https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?application=jira&q=reporting+. Here are two examples:

vimala nunavath June 21, 2012

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for the help. I will try the above mentioned procedure and get back to you.

Thank you so much for your valuable time for explaining each and every step clearly.

BR,

Vimala

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2012

Take a look at the screenshot:

• go to the admin section,
  • open one of the projects,
  • select Permissions tab
  • check is specific group/role has a Browse Projects permission (you must belong to that group/role)

Please let me know how it goes.

creensho

Hi,

I have the Browse project permission in JIRA.

Thanks for the help.

BR,

Vimala

Suggest an answer