Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While running atlas-cli, how do we specify admin username and password to use?

Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2012

I want to use atlas-cli with a development confluence server running. I could start session using

atlas-cli -p 8080 --server <servername> --context-path '/'

But I am assuming the 'pi' command is using username/password = 'admin/admin' and that is why I am getting this unauthorized error when it tries to install.

Is there a way to specify username/password to atlas-cli?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2013

Got the answer. Thought this would be useful to others as well so documenenting it here.

Set the environment variable ATLAS_OPTS. For C-Shell,

setenv ATLAS_OPTS "-Dusername=admin -Dpassword=admin"

This works like charm.

Possible use:

You have a development server and a production server both are connected to corporate LDAP. Now you want to make changes to the plugin code. Test it on development server the install on production server. Do it like this,

Keep two instances of "atlas-cli" running in two terminals; one for development server and one for development server, using other command line options of atlas-cli. Like this,

atlas-cli --server devwiki.example.com -p 8082 --context-path / --cli-port 4330

for dev server and for prod server like this

atlas-cli --server prodwiki.example.com -p 8080 --context-path / --cli-port 4331

notice that "--cli-port" is different for both the instance of "atlas-cli".

3 votes
Shannon Krebs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

It doesn't look like the pi command accepts a username or password value looking at the documentation.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/atlas-cli

You may have to use atlas-install-plugin (which requires you to compile separately first).

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/atlas-install-plugin

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2012

Yep, using atlas-install-plugin will allow you to customise the username and password.

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

You did not say which OS you are running on. If you are running on windows you will need to run the atlas-cli command as Administrator. There is no login required to install a plugin.

If it is an Unix like system then you probably need to run as root. A sudo approach would work to restrict access.

Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2012

The server (Confluence instance) is running on machine A which is GNU/Linux, And I am developing on Machine B which is also GNU/Linux. I don't understand what difference it will make if I run atlas-cli using sudo.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2012

What are your permissions, owner, group on the files and directories you are trying to write to? You are probably being denied access because your default login cannot write to those locations. Using sudo will allow you to be the appropriate userid.

I am also assuming that atlas-cli does not have a setuid or setgid bits set which is another way to get the proper user or group permissions.

Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2012

But when I do atlas-run and atlas-cli > pi it works fine. It is just that the problem is occurring when I try to connect to a remove server.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2012

I am assuming your command that works is running locally on your development environment and installing on your development environment or you have copied the plugin to the confluence environment and you ran the command on the confluence server. Assuming either one is your working case, then why not try to use remote shell and run your command that way?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events