Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get issues that have had a certain status within a certain period?

Jannik Luyten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

I've seen there is a new feature, issue status history, but I need more than this. I need to get all the issues of a project that had one or more statuses in a certain period. The JQL query "status was in (Open, Closed)" doesn't take a date into account and the available date fields are for the current status of the issue.

Is it possible to get all issues that had a certain status in a certain period? I have access to the SoapService of JIRA, so I can go via this way as well, although I haven't found a method that gives me back the workflow or something like that to do what I want.

Kind regards

Jannik

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

6 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Moors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2011

This is possible since Jira 4.4 with the addition of JQL functionality:

PROJECT = "Project Name" AND (STATUS WAS "Closed" AFTER "date1") AND (STATUS WAS "Closed" BEFORE "date2")

To add this possibility to older versions, it is possible to write a JQL function, workaround with customfields or install other plugins.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2011

It is possible by having custom date fields which gets updated as Post action during the transistions. Byt doing this the date of change of state gets stored in these custom fields and you can run a filter (or jql) on the same.

(For doing the post action for workflows, you need to have Jira Misc Workflow Extensions

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/292

Additionally, in the post action, this action 'copy from one custom field to another' should be at the last and the the source field will be 'Updated'.

Jannik Luyten
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2011

Thank you for the respons Renjith V. So it isn't possible without installing an extention?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2011

I think, unfortunately no, and I would say, you will like this custom fields since, within the issue itself, while viewing you can clearly see the dates in which issues have moved to different states.

Also this plugin is quite useful with many other post functions and most Jira installations has this installed.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events